Philly Steak & Cheese Omelet, my low carb, easy recipe. Great recipe for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!!
Everyone craves a steak & cheese sandwich once in a while, but all those carbs can ruin a good diet! I’ve revamped with my version of Philly Steak & Cheese with a low carb omelet.
By preparing the fillings in advance, I used leftover steak from last nights dinner – breakfast, lunch or dinner be ready whenever you get hungry for a taste of Philly sensation! A creative spin on the popular Philly Cheese Steak sandwich, this omelette thinly sliced beef, caramelized onions & bell peppers and good cheddar cheese into a fluffy egg omelette instead of a hoagie roll.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (any oil you have on hand is ok)
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 small pepper, diced
- 4 ounces rib-eye steak, trimmed and thinly sliced (I use leftover NY Strip from dinner last night, just reheat)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt (kosher or any salt will do)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 carton (16 oz each) Egg Beaters® Original ( or 4 – 6 eggs)
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (can use low fat cheese of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup (I use marinara sauce – watch for low carb)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Heat oil in large oven-safe, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add onions. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add steak to skillet; season with oregano, salt and pepper. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until steak is browned. Add to onions; set aside.
- Pour Egg Beaters or whisked eggs into skillet; cook 3 minutes or until edges start to set. Gently lift edges while tilting pan and allow uncooked Egg Beaters to run under the set portion; repeat this step twice. Cook about 5 minutes, or until center is set.
- Remove from heat; top omelet evenly with steak mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; place skillet in oven 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Slide omelet onto serving platter; drizzle top with ketchup/marinara sauce. Cut into four wedges; serve immediately.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||11 g||16%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||11%|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||3%|